A number of people prefer using Bluetooth wireless devices with their Mac. For instance, some use ‘Magic Mouse’ and a ‘Magic Trackpad.’ People even have lot many other options such as wireless keyboards, speakers, smartphones, etc connected by the Bluetooth wireless.
Bluetooth can be used for both type of devices- one that is connected to Mac all the time and the other that is connected sometimes.
At the same time, you can’t neglect the fact that Bluetooth connection can sometimes stop working all of a sudden and irritates the users a lot.
Bluetooth connection problems
One of the common problem faced by many people is that the Bluetooth device that is connected with Mac stops working. It may or may not be mentioned in the list of the shown Bluetooth devices. In both the ways the device doesn’t work.
Switch it off and then switch it back on
- Firstly, go to System Preferences.
- Then, click on preference pane.
- Press on Turn Bluetooth Off option.
- After waiting for some time, press that option for one more time.
- Look that it would have changed its option and have become Turn Bluetooth On.
- Then, for availing Mac’s Bluetooth system put a tick mark in the box written as Show Bluetooth in the menu bar.
- Move further and check whether your device connected to Bluetooth started working or not.
Pair Bluetooth devices with your Mac
- After the Mac restarts, immediately Bluetooth preference file shall be made. As it is newly made ‘preference file,’ you require to connect your Bluetooth device by pairing with your Mac one more time.
- Then, ensure that your Bluetooth device has fresh batteries in it and that the device is switched on.
- Go to System Preferences by clicking on System Preferences. You will get it in the menu itself.
- Press on the Bluetooth preference pane.
- Look that the Bluetooth devices have been displayed before you having connect option immediately after to every unpaired device.
- Then, press on the Pair option for connecting the device with your Mac.
- Do the pairing process for every Bluetooth device that you feel like connecting with your Mac.
The method of Resetting the Bluetooth system of Mac
- Long press the Shift and Option keys.
- After that, press the Bluetooth menu things that have been listed.
- After the menu is shown, the user can lift the Shift and Option keys.
- Then, note that the drop-down menu will be a bit changed this time, it will even have some hidden options as well.
- Press on Debug.
- Next, click on Remove all devices.
- Look the Bluetooth device location has been made clear.
- Note that now you may reset the Bluetooth system.
- Next, long press the Shift and Option keys one more time.
- Then, press on the Bluetooth menu.
- After that, click on Debug.
- Next, reset the Bluetooth Module.
Finally, the Mac’s Bluetooth system has been reset to a condition same as you got it in for the first time.
Billy Mark is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.