ODBC is a database protocol used to connect the Microsoft Access database to another outbound source such as Microsoft SQL Server. ODBC is a specific driver having the capability to fetch various data from Database Management Systems through SQL.
Large number exchangeability of various information through computer devices and software is possible through Open Database Connectivity. A single application or software may retrieve multiple Database Management Systems. It’s a windows component that you will need to use the same in order to manage and generate an ODBC data source.
Below are the instructions to launch ODBC Data Sources on Windows 10:
Starting ODBC data Sources through Taskbar Search
- First and foremost, hit the search tab situated at the taskbar.
- Then, enter “odbc” into the provided search section.
- Once the data sources related to ODBC launches into the search result section that consists of both 32 and 64 bit, then hit the most matched option to expand it.
Starting ODBC Data Sources via Start Menu
- In the beginning, hit the Windows tab to launch the Start menu.
- Then, go to the Windows Administrative Tools via alphabetic order.
- Launch the same folder.
- Now, you have to choose a relevant option from the provided two:
32-bit Data Source
64-bit Data Source
Starting ODBC Data Sources via Run Dialog Box
- At the start, hit the Window tab and then press the “R” button. This action expands the Run Dialog box there.
- After that, type the keywords: “odbcad32” into the search panel and then hit the OK tab there to proceed.
Note: You can apply this procedure on any of the desired memory slots as Windows 10 OS will help you to launch the appropriate edition automatically.
Starting ODBC Data Source through Control Panel
- First of all, hit the Window key and S tab simultaneously and then enter “control panel” followed by the Enter key to proceed.
- Once the control panel launches on your screen, then navigate towards the “View by” tab and then set it to “Large” icons there.
- After that, press the option “Administrative Tools.”
- Once the window launches up on your screen and then search for the option “ODBC Data Sources.” The program will be available in both the editions: 32 and 64 bit. You may choose any of the provided options.
Starting ODBC Data Sources via Command Prompt
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Start tab and then select the option “Run.”
- Then, type “cmd” into the text bar and then press the Enter key there.
- You have to type “odbcad32” after the flashing cursor and then hit the Enter tab.
Starting ODBC Data Source via ODBC Directory
- Firstly, you have to tap the Window logo, and E button at one go to launch the File Explorer window.
- Go to the address bar of File Explorer Window and then type “C:\WINDOWS\\System_32\\odbcad_32.exe” followed by the Enter key. It will launch the ODBC section that works compatible with both the memory slots.
- If your device is running with 32 bit, then you should type the “C:\\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\\odbcad_32.exe” into the URL section and then hit the OK tab to proceed.
Creating a Shortcut for ODBC Data Sources
- First and foremost, expand the File Explorer page and then navigate to the directory:
- Once you got the relevant result, then hit Ctrl and F tab altogether to activate the search feature.
- Then, enter the keywords: “odbcad32” into the search bar and then hit the Enter tab.
- Once the Search bar opens on your device, then right-click on the option “odbcad32.exe” and then selects the tab “Send To.”
- After that, hit the Desktop option for creating a respective shortcut.
Emily Johnson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.