At the bottom of the screen in the Message app, there will be a unique feature in iOS 11. It will provide fast access to applications. You can always hide such apps that you don’t use usually. But unfortunately, you cannot conceal Store icon. You can’t even hide the bar.
The Messages screen in iOS 12 and iOS 11 is busier than ever before. You will see colourful messages and icons in a row. You could find them easily at the bottom of every conversation. Some users really like fast access to message, gifs, apps and stickers but everyone isn’t happy with so much of message conversations and so many professional user shave look for a way to remove or disable Messages app icon.
Some of the iMessage apps were around since iOS 10 when Apple introduced iMessage App. At that time, there used to be no persistent drawer in the conversations.
But hiding rest of Store icon will give you a less cluttered app of the message. Users can restrict themselves from unintentionally touching any of the apps when you go to the Text Message box for writing a message.
If you have to hide the “iMessages app” icons then got the “Messages app” and started a discussion. Now all the way across, swipe left on iMessages apps bar.
- There will be a three dot icon More, click it.
- Now go to the top right corner of the screen and click Edit.
- There will be three apps under Favourites.
- Along with the Store application.
- Click the “red minus icon” to the leftward for removing these applications.
- Now, click Remove from Favorites.
- Repeat the process for each app that is under Favorites.
- Users can’t remove Store app.
- For removing app under More Apps, click the slider button that is to the right of the app.
- It will turn White.
- Repeat the process for each application under More Apps.
- Now that you have removed all apps under Favorites and turned off apps that are under More Apps.
- Go to the upper left corner of the screen and click Done.
- Now the iMessages app icon will be gone from the bar.
- There will be only Store icon and More icon.
- Simply hide rest of the icons for decluttering your messages app.
- Hide it even if you can’t conceal the Store icon.
Rich Hooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.