Is Outlook not opening? Is it stuck on the processing screen? There can be various possible reasons for these troubles. If you are also getting an issue, while opening or using Outlook, try these helpful solutions to fix Outlook not responding, stopped working or stuck issues.
Open the Outlook in Safe Mode
If Outlook is stuck on the ‘Processing’ screen, then you can easily fix this issue by opening the Outlook in safe mode. Here is how to open Outlook in Safe Mode:
1. Close the Outlook.
2. Follow the instructions for your version of Windows to open Outlook in safe mode:
• On Windows 10: Open ‘Start’ > enter ‘Outlook.exe/safe’ > hit ‘Enter’.
• On Windows 8: Open ‘Apps’ menu > Select ‘Run’ > enter ‘Outlook/safe’ > hit ‘OK’.
• On Windows 7: Open ‘Start’ > enter ‘Outlook/safe’ in the search field > hit ‘Enter’.
Outlook will launch in the safe mode, once it will, close the Outlook from the safe mode and reopen it normally. If you’re getting another problem or the issue is not resolved, go to the next solution.
Wait if you’re performing a long task
If you are deleting or moving a large number (hundreds or thousands) of Outlook messages at once, then be patient and don’t interrupt between the process. Because in this situation, Outlooks can appear to hang, but in reality, it is working in the background. Check the status bar and wait for some minutes to finish the process.
Install the updates for Office and Windows
Installing the most recent updates of Windows and Office fixes the bug, added new features, and also enhances the performance of Outlook. You can update Outlook from the app as well as from the Microsoft Store. After installing the latest updates, try running Outlook and see whether it is running correctly.
Try repairing the Office programs
Repairing Office programs can fix Outlook, not responding, freezing, or hanging issues. In the repairing process, the error in Office files was automatically corrected. Here is how to do this,
1. Close all the running Office software.
2. Open ‘Control Panel’.
3. Go to ‘Program and Features.’
4. Look for your Office suite in the installed programs list.
5. Right click on your Office Suite version and select ‘Change.’
If repairing didn’t resolve the issue, continue troubleshooting with the next solution.
Run the Inbox Repair Tool (SCANSPST.EXE)
This tool installed automatically at the time of installation of Office. Inbox Repair Tool can find the error in the Outlook data file by deep scanning and repairs them. To run the Inbox Repair Tool (SCANSPST.EXE) on your computer,
1. Close the Outlook.
2. Open the Windows drive (C).
3. Go to the ‘Program Files.’
4. Open the ‘Microsoft Office’ folder.
5. Then Open ‘Office’ folder, in some Microsoft Office versions you may need to open the ‘Root’ folder first.
6. Open the ‘SCANSPST.EXE’ file.
7. Click ‘Browse’ and locate the ‘Outlook Data File (.pst).
8. Click ‘Start’ to start scanning the Outlook data files for error.
9. The program will display the finds error, click on the ‘Repair’ button.
The tool starts repairing the corrupted files. When Inbox Repair Tool finishes repairing, open the Outlook program. Now, you’ll see the Outlook is running smoothly without hanging or freezing.
If repairing the data files won’t help you, create a new user profile in your PC and trying running Outlook from it. Hope this will solve your trouble.
Billy Mark is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.