In this modern generation of smartphones, our lives have become quite easy and convenient. Most of the tasks can be done online via an Internet connection, which is available on the user’s fingertips. Likewise, finding directions and routes to a specific location on Google Maps has made traveling and driving in a city quite easy. People around the world use Google Maps mainly to get accurate directions to specific places and find restaurants, cinema theatre, malls, and many more. Getting directions on Google Maps is very easy and convenient. Besides this, Google Maps offers several amazing features, and its voice feature is one of them. A majority of smartphone users prefer that robotic female voice that tells you directions when you use the Google Maps app. On the other hand, several users find this voice feature not so preferable and often wish to change the voice they hear while using the Google Maps app on their smartphone. If you too want to change that voice you hear on in the Google Maps app, then you have to come to the right place. In this article, I have mentioned the best step by step methods to do the task in no time.
In majority, users use Google Maps on Android smartphones and if you are amongst the users who do not know how to change the voice in Google Maps then go through the guideline listed below:
- Turn on your smartphone and tap on the box that contains only Google apps such as Chrome, Gmail, and Youtube.
- Choose Maps from the options and tap on it.
- After opening up the Google Maps on your smartphone, tap on the menu by tapping on the three lines available at the top left corner of your Android smartphone or tablet screen.
- After that, tap on Settings from the available options.
- After entering into the Settings option, find and tap on the Navigation settings option from the available options.
- There lies an option of Voice Selection, tap on it.
- After opening up the Voice Selection tab, you will see the available languages and a mark on which language is selected from the list.
- Now, you are able to select the language you want to choose by tapping on it.
- Now tap on the back button to exit from the Voice Selection tab and tap on the back button till you come back on the main Maps app screen.
- Now, enter your location and destination where you want to go in the lower column.
- After tapping on the specific location where you want to go, tap on the Directions option available in blue color.
- Check if the language and voice have been changed, and you are good to go.
Changing voice in Google Maps is a bit different on iOS devices. So, if you are an iPhone or iPad user, go through the guidelines to successfully change the voice on your Google Maps app:
- First of all, tap on the Google Maps app icon to open it up on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold onto the app until the X mark appears.
- After that, tap on that X mark.
- Choose the Delete button and tap on it.
- After that, press on the home button on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, go to the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap on General from the available options.
- Now, choose Language & Region tab after entering the General tab.
- Now, tap on the iPhone Language option.
- Choose the Language from the list and tap on it.
- Get back on the main screen and tap on Google Maps from the menu.
- Enter a location where you want to go to and check if the language and voice have been changed successfully or not.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.